About this eLearning Resource
This eLearning Resource describes numbering, bar coding and electronic messaging (eMessaging) standards for specific red meat supply chain activities, including carcase ticketing, carton and pallet labelling as well as electronic messaging for National Vendor Declarations (eDEC) and Meat Transfer Certificates (eMTC). The eLearning Resource also details project summaries for reference purposes.
A number of fact sheets have been developed to support this eLearning Resource. These are:
- Numbering and bar coding for carcase tickets.
- Numbering and bar coding for labels for carton and bulk non-retail red meat products.
- Numbering and bar coding for pallet labels for non-retail red meat products.
- Electronic messaging for cattle and sheep NVDs (eDEC).
- Electronic messaging for Meat Transfer Certificates MTCs (eMTC).
(For livestock identification methods refer to the National Livestock Identification System)
- Cost Benefit Analysis
All of these documents were developed from global standards for trade and commerce. For more information please refer to the GS1 Australia User Manual - Numbering and Bar coding or contact GS1 Australia www.gs1au.org.